The New York Times: Fiction Bestsellers
The top 15 "Combined Print and E-Book Fiction" titles for 09/16/2023, fetched from The New York Times Books API.
- 1 (-). VINCE FLYNN: CODE RED, Kyle Mills (Atria/Emily Bestler)
The 22nd book in the Mitch Rapp series. Rapp and his team try to foil a plot by Russia without being discovered.
- 2 (1). HOLLY, Stephen King (Scribner)
The private detective Holly Gibney investigates whether a married pair of octogenarian academics had anything to do with Bonnie Dahl’s disappearance.
- 3 (4). FOURTH WING, Rebecca Yarros (Red Tower)
Violet Sorrengail is urged by the commanding general, who also is her mother, to become a candidate for the elite dragon riders.
- 4 (-). 23 1/2 LIES, James Patterson (Grand Central)
Three thrillers: “23 ½ Lies” (written with Maxine Paetro), “Fallen Ranger” (written with Andrew Bourelle) and “Watch Your Back” (written with Loren D. Estleman).
- 5 (2). THINGS WE LEFT BEHIND, Lucy Score (Bloom)
The third book in the Knockemout series. A mogul and a small-town librarian share a dark secret from their past.
- 6 (-). FALL OF RUIN AND WRATH, Jennifer L. Armentrout (Bramble)
In a world where only nine cities were spared divine destruction, Calista must decide whether to follow her intuition to safety or court calamity by pursuing a love.
- 7 (6). TOM LAKE, Ann Patchett (Harper)
Three daughters, who return to their family orchard in the spring of 2020, learn about their mother’s relationship with a famous actor.
- 8 (11). LESSONS IN CHEMISTRY, Bonnie Garmus (Doubleday)
A scientist and single mother living in California in the 1960s becomes a star on a TV cooking show.
- 9 (9). THE HOUSEMAID, Freida McFadden (Grand Central)
Troubles surface when a woman looking to make a fresh start takes a job in the home of the Winchesters.
- 10 (12). TOO LATE, Colleen Hoover (Grand Central)
Dangers develop when a drug trafficker becomes obsessed with a woman who has a mutual attraction to a D.E.A. agent.
- 11 (14). THE COVENANT OF WATER, Abraham Verghese (Grove)
Three generations of a family living on South India’s Malabar Coast suffer the loss of a family member by drowning.
- 12 (3). PAYBACK IN DEATH, J.D. Robb (St. Martin's)
The 57th book of the In Death series. Eve Dallas looks into the death of an internal affairs captain.
- 13 (10). ASSISTANT TO THE VILLAIN, Hannah Nicole Maehrer (Red Tower)
Evie Sage gets a job doing unspecified office duties for the most infamous villain in the kingdom of Rennedawn.
- 14 (-). DEMON COPPERHEAD, Barbara Kingsolver (Harper)
Winner of a 2023 Pulitzer Prize for fiction. A reimagining of Charles Dickens’s “David Copperfield” set in the mountains of southern Appalachia.
- 15 (-). THE VASTER WILDS, Lauren Groff (Riverhead)
A servant girl, who escapes with almost nothing from a colonial settlement, finds the beliefs she learned are tested.